Our HR five-year masterplan was developed based on the objective of promoting individual and team excellence of MISC’s workforce in realising the MISC2020 targets. The strategy aims to drive superior performance and enhance productivity while providing opportunities for growth within our organisation and ultimately unlocking the optimum value of the Company through our employees.
In principle, the strategy will focus on two main areas:
- Succession planning to include all job levels, where previously it was only applicable to the leadership pipeline; and,
- Development of employee competencies, both leadership and functional.
We believe that a sustainable talent pipeline across all job levels ensures that the growth and development of all employees is done in line with our organisational ambitions and aspirations. For an example, we have created a platform for intra-Group job postings to enhance their exposure and development as well as the introduction of individual career maps for employees to plan their career progression.
In order to achieve the HR five-year masterplan targets, we will drive the succession planning process and employee competency development programmes with support from the respective BUs, SUs and Subsidiaries to ensure involvement, alignment and relevancy across the Group.
To have in place a sustainable talent pipeline across the job levels in the organisation.
2018 Progress Update
- Continuation of the annual Mid-Year and Year-End Succession Planning review.
- Adoption of succession planning framework at subsidiaries level and extending the succession planning by including Group-wide talent-pool and expanded the identification of successors for the non-critical positions.
- Continuation of the Coaching Programme for Advanced Leadership Communication (ALC) Asia and Senior Manager Acceleration Programme (SMAP).
- Extend the succession planning exercise for Manager level positions.
- Coordinate the Individual Development Plan (IDP) for the identified potential successors.
- Design follow-through development plans for the identified potential successors at the General Manager and Senior Manager level.
Employee Competency Development
To have a competent and capable workforce through a structured and holistic development process
2018 Progress Update
- 837 employees have attended functional and technical training programmes, which translated into a total of 1,807 training days in 2018.
- 17 employees (Managers and Executives) have been identified across the Group and are currently undergoing an 18-month developmental stint as part of leadership and functional competencies development initiative.
- Continuation of rolling out the Cultural Beliefs journey to the subsidiaries; MMS and MHB to ensure a common language and understanding of the underlying beliefs and value system of the organisation.
- HR Learning Day was held in February 2018 which saw the launching of MISC training calendar 2018 and the introduction of “The Platform” where external speakers are invited to share their experiences that serve as inspirations to employees and make a difference in whatever they do. A total of four sessions of “The Platform” were conducted throughout 2018.
- Piloted the implementation of the revised Functional Competency framework which currently under pilot assessment for selected divisions. Full implementation is targeted in 2019.
- Implemented enhanced recruitment process in order to recruit skilled candidates which will ensure ready supply of competent talent pool.
- Rolling out of the revised Functional Competency framework and assessment to all divisions within the organisation. Conduct change management workshop (e.g. awareness session, mock-up assessment etc) prior to the launching to ensure employees are equipped with the right knowledge and understanding prior to the roll-out.
- Launching of MISC Learning Calendar programmes for year 2019.
- Foster deeper understanding and implementation of Cultural Beliefs across the Group through various programmes and initiatives.
- Identify more employees for the 18-month developmental stint as part of leadership and functional competencies development initiative.
- Launch the new MISC Group Talent Management Solution (TMS) System which providesend-to-end solution for succession planning, learning management system, talent acquisitionand 360-degree feedback. The TMS system will be implemented in two phases:
- First Phase on Employee Master data, Learning & Development and Recruitment
- Second Phase on Succession Planning, On-boarding and Competency Assessment